SyntaxHighlighter

Thursday 8 November 2012

Using Voipfone on Android

I was setting up a new Android phone today and wanted to be able to make calls through our VoIP system (voipfone.co.uk) from it.  I tried a couple of free apps but could not get the settings to work for either of them.  Then I discovered this link and decided to try Zoiper, afterall I've used it before and this seemed like a clear walk-through.
http://www.voipfoneuserforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5927

After following those steps it worked first time.  So if you're looking to set up a SIP client on your Android phone then this is definitely the way to go.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Chris. Very helpful, works straight out of the box! and saved me spending money on buying a hardware phone, which I could only use at home, I can use this whereever I have wifi. Great.
    I can probably use my old android phone without a sim too(?).

    ReplyDelete